- CHECK YOUR RECEIPTS BEFORE LEAVING THE CASHIER'S STATION!!!!!
- THIS COULD HAPPEN ANYWHERE. CHECK YOUR RECEIPT BEFORE LEAVING THE STAND. I'VE SEEN PEOPLE DO JUST THAT. NOW I'LL START!
- PASS THIS ON TO YOUR FRIENDS, KIDS, LOVED ONES.
- I bought a bunch of stuff, over $150, & I glanced at my receipt as the cashier was handing me the bags. I saw a cash-back of $40. I told her I didn't request a cash back and to delete it. She said I'd have to take the $40 because she couldn't delete it. I told her to call a supervisor.
- Supervisor came and said I'd have to take it. I said NO! I didn't want $40 cash advance If they couldn't delete it then they would have to delete the whole order. So the supervisor had the cashier delete the whole order and re-scan everything!
- The second time I looked at the electronic pad before I signed and a cash-back of $20 popped up. At that point I told the cashier and she deleted it. The total came out right. The cashier agreed that the Electronic Pad must be defective.
- Obviously the cashier knew the electronic pad was defective because she NEVER offered me the $40 at the beginning. Can you imagine how many people went through before me and at the end of her shift how much money she pocketed?
- Just to alert everyone. My co-worker went to Walmart last week. She had her items rung up by the cashier. The cashier hurried her along and didn't give her a receipt. She asked the cashier for a receipt and the cashier was annoyed and gave it to her. My co-worker didn't look at her receipt until later that night. The receipt showed that she asked for $20 cash back. SHE DID NOT ASK FOR CASH BACK!
- My co-worker called Wal-Mart who investigated but could not see the cashier pocket the money. She then called her niece who works for the bank and her niece told her this: This is new scam going on. The cashier will key in that you asked for cash back and then hand it to her friend who is the next person in line.
- Please, please, please check your receipts right away when using credit or debit cards! This is NOT limited to Wal-Mart, although they are the largest retailer so they have the most incidents.
- I am adding to this. My husband and I were in Wal-Mart North Salisbury and
- paying with credit card when my husband went to sign the credit card signer he just happen to notice there was a $20 cash back added. He told the cashier that he did not ask nor want cash back and she said machine has been messing up and she canceled it. We really didn't think anything of it until we read this email.
Thursday, December 08, 2011
Cash Back Fraud, Beware!
Technorati Profile http://rpc.technorati.com/rpc/ping